Skip to main content

Thanks to all who are still reading

I have the flu, or something like it. Anemia and flu is not fun, but I have been eating my red meat this week and recovering from that time of month and I don't have to cook dinner tonight, so I just thought I'd say thanks to those that commented on my previous post on my Personal Update.

My boys have been sick for weeks, now. My oldest son has recovered, but the youngest, who became sick nearly three weeks ago now, is still not well. He has a sore chest and is still coughing. I have become the mother who asks for medical certificates every time we visit the doctor in anticipation of the school getting antsy. I've already used some for my older boy as he is at NCEA level and has been missing deadlines for assignments due to illness.

It's a funny thing, that I've noticed over the years. Many times I've posted about an achievement or something I'm trying to do, and whammo, after that post I fail miserably in continuing whatever it is I was doing. I'm not sure what that is about - is it my own psychological response, or are there people out there who curse me in everything I try to do. As an example, I've been working away at Saxon Math, and after my last post was unable to do much with it. I've just sort of picked it up again yesterday, starting lesson 79 which I finished today, and then am just about finished lesson 80 as of now. But after being able to easily do a lesson a day and even 2 a day previously, I find it interesting that I just failed so miserably after my post.

Apologies for yet another personal post, I am at the stage where I need to write something that I know is true in order to get myself posting again. Regain my solid ground so to speak.

This is what I've been looking at today, how to get space via the loft bed concept:


We have boys and they want their own rooms, but the only way to for them to get their own rooms is to build up or out. However, maybe the loft bed concept will allow us to do something much cheaper...

Comments